OGS RESIDENTIAL GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
DELUXE RESIDENTIAL GROUNDS MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
We hope you will consider OGS Grounds Maintenance Specialists when making arrangements for the care of your landscape investment. The details in our deluxe residential program explain how we approach your landscape maintenance. All services in this program are also available individually.
SPRING CLEAN UP – APRIL
This service includes raking and removing debris from all lawn and bedded areas. Cultivation, hand edging and an application of a granular all purpose fertilizer will be applied to all bedded areas. Burlap on shrubs will be removed, pyramidal evergreens will be untied and winterkill will be pruned from all deciduous and coniferous shrubs. Power rolling and/or hand rolling will be performed on lawn areas, if deemed necessary by contractor to ensure smooth operation of lawn mowing equipment. The spring clean up will consist of one visit during the month of April.
WEEKLY LAWN MAINTENANCE – MAY TO MID-OCTOBER
All turf grass will be maintained at 2-2.5 inches. Mowing height will be adjusted when hot and dry weather conditions dictate to avoid turf stress. Mowing equipment and patterns will be employed to permit recycling of grass clippings and to present a neat appearance. Papers and other debris will be cleaned off all lawn areas during the weekly mowing service. String trimming will be performed around all obstacles, along the edges of flower/shrub beds, sidewalks, curbs and drives, to provide a crisp tailored edge. All grass clippings will be cleaned off all non-turf surfaces.
BED MAINTENANCE – MAY TO MID-OCTOBER
All flower, shrub and tree beds will be hand weeded, cultivated and spade edged, as required to present a neat appearance. Cultivating is normally done on a bi weekly basis. Front and rear yards may be alternated if the property has extensive flowers and shrub beds in both areas. Mulched beds will be hand weeded and/or herbicides will be utilized to control weed growth. The spent blooms on perennial flowers will be removed as required. Dead heading of annual flowers shall be done on geraniums only.
Four applications of slow release granular fertilizer, a brief explanation of each application is listed below:-
- MAY -- Early May application of slow release granular fertilizer.
- JUNE -- Late June application of slow release granular fertilizer to prepare the lawn for the stressful summer months.
- AUGUST -- Late summer application of slow release granular fertilizer to increase shoot density and allow grass time to harden off before winter.
- OCTOBER/NOVEMBER -- Late fall application of granular slow release fertilizer to encourage and enhance root development which results in an earlier spring green-up.
PRUNING - JULY TO AUGUST
All shrubs, groundcover, hedges and small trees under 12 feet will be shaped and sheared in accordance to industry standards and the individual plant needs. Pruning of flowering shrubs will be performed after the plant has finished flowering. All clippings and debris will be removed by the contractor.
FALL CLEAN UP - OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER
This service includes the removal of leaves, debris and annual flowers. All turfed and bedded areas will be raked or blown clean as required. Pyramidal evergreen will be tied up as required. The timing of this service may vary due to weather conditions. This service will be done when the contractor deems it necessary. It is usually performed when the majority of the leaves have fallen. Two visits normally accomplish the fall cleanup. This is not a weekly service.
|WEEKLY SERVICE – MAY TO OCTOBER|
Weeds and grasses growing through the cracks of curbs, interlocking stone and driveways will be controlled with an herbicide as required. This is included in the contract. All plant material and turf will be monitored for insect and disease problems. The quoted price does not include applying pesticides for insects and diseases when they are detected. A verbal estimate for this will be submitted when pesticides are necessary.
Should this contract be cancelled the schedule of payment will be void and billing will be based on the labour hours worked and materials provided using our current rates. The assigned day when the crew is to perform the maintenance service may vary due to weather conditions. All employees will present themselves in a neat and tidy manor. Employees will not clean up after animals.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES – EXTRA TO QUOTED PRICE
Any recommended or requested additional services will be performed only upon customer approval at a labour plus material or contracted price.
These are a few of the extra services we can provide:-
- ANNUAL FLOWER: A variety of summer annuals will be installed in predetermined bed areas. Our planting season is late May to mid June. A ninety day slow release fertilizer will be added to bedded areas at the time of planting. There is no guarantee on annual flower plants for drought or frost damage.
- AERATION: Lawn aeration consists of removing soil plugs to a depth of 1 to 2 inches over the entire lawn. This improves water and air penetration to the turfgrass roots. This service is provided in the spring and/or the fall.
- TREE, SHRUB FERTILIZING: Deep root feeding with a slow release fertilizer encourages new shoot growth and improves the plants health. This service is performed between June and August.
- BURLAPING SHRUBS: Sensitive plants should be protected with burlap over the winter months to minimize damage. Plants in a windy location and/or facing north and/or exposed to salt damage should be burlaped.
- FALL LEAF CLEAN-UP: Two visits for leaf clean-up are included in your Contract Agreement. If these have been completed and more clean-up is needed, we offer this as an additional service at an additional cost.